Pulau Tiga Park is a fascinating spot rarely visited by tourists. Gazetted in 1978, it covers 158 square kilometers, most of which is sea. It comprises three small islands – Pulau Tiga, Pulau Kalampunian Besar and Pulau Kalampunian Damit (snake island). The islands has been dubbed ‘Survivor islands’ from a television series which was filmed here in 1996.
The park is named after the largest island, Pulau Tiga, whose name is derived from three undulating humps visible from a distance when approaching the island. The islands were designated a forest reserve in 1933. The Park has particularly interesting flora and fauna and a rich marine life, with good diving and snorkelling over the reefs.
|Visit||Pulau Tiga, Pulau Kalampunian Besar|
|Include||Land & Boat Transfer, Entrance Fee, Meal, Guide, Accommodation|
Kota Kinabalu / Kuala Penyu Jetty / Pulau Tiga (Survivor Island) / Pulau Tiga Lodge / Therapeutic Mud Volcano
- Pack your sunshades, sunhats, swimwear.. and get set for a day in the sun! Meet and greet at your hotel lobby and embark on your journey to Kuala Penyu (approximately 2 hours drive). Upon arrival at the jetty, hop on the boat that departs at 1000hrs for Pulau Tiga (Survivor Island).
A short briefing about the resort will be conducted, followed by check in. Afternoon nibbles before you hit the trails.
- Jungle trek to the mud volcano site where you could wallow in it for a free health spa on nature’s expense. Don’t worry about not having a place to wash off, after smothering yourself in volcanic mud, a short walk down to the beach is where you will wash it off. Wait, what, why? Seawater combined with such therapeutic mud is believed to have a special effect on one’s skin. There is only one way to find out.
- Wander through the wonders of the underworld by going for a snorkel or dive trips around the island at own expenses. Booking and payment to be made direct with the Water Sports department. Refreshing evening tea break followed by some lazy times on the shore till you smell a sumptuous
- Dinner about to be served.
- Free at leisure until departure time. Pack up and hop on the first Boat out at 0900hrs or one much later at noon 1400hrs to Kuala Penyu jetty and onward transfer back to your hotel.