Moderately adventurous and relaxing, the 15km Kiulu river offers thrill seekers Grade 1 & 2 water rapids, where rapids are relatively calmer and easier to navigate. A captain will be on your raft at all times giving instructions like “paddle forward” and “paddle backwards” to build momentum. Glide with the rapid flow and go through the rapids in a bumpy ride depending on the class of the rapid there. A lot of arm strength will be needed, where everyone counts for the full effect. Its great fun for the adventurous family. You can also enjoy the natural surroundings during those scenic floats in between the action.
Thinking about jumping off the raft to just glide on the smooth flow of the river? Go right ahead! Body rafting is part of the fun. Your water rafting captain will give a heads up at certain points of the river that is more suitable to body raft.
|Include||Land Transfer, Meal, Rafting Guide,Rafting Insurance, Rafting Equipment|
Day 1: Departure
- You can skip your morning coffee on this one, starting your day off with White Water Rafting will get your adrenaline pumping, far more than a few cups of coffee, that’s for sure!
- You will be greeted at your Kota Kinabalu City Hotel Lobby by our charming guides, and then whisked away through a scenic 1 ½ hour drive through spectacular country-side vistas laced with villages and lush paddy fields.
- Upon arrival, you will be briefed through on safety measures and the various rapids by the River Guide. Proceed to collect your rafting gear. Helmets, check! Paddles, check! Life-jackets, double check!
- Time to brave up to 15 kilometers slippery slopes of the Kiulu River! The rafting activity takes about 1hr 30mins depending on rapids and river condition. Paddle on through bumpy river-beds and be literally drenched in adrenaline and excitement as you reach the ending point. Don’t miss amazing sights of the tropical rainforest while you’re cruising through The Wall Rapid and Holy Smoke Rapid. You can even Body Raft if you’re keen on something more vigorous!
- Upon arrival to the ending point, throw some dry clothing on and feast on a lunch by the Kiulu River before heading back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.